-Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

-Two Poems About Slaughter

It took me a month to write this poem, and it means a lot to me :) Its from the horses point of view and its called, "Why."

You never tell me you love me anymore.
A few days later you close the trailer door.
Didn't even bother to tell me goodbye.
What's going to happen, am I going to die?
A place, so scary, what will happen here?
I miss you, I need you, why aren't you near?
I see it happen so I finally know.
It's almost my turn to go.
I feel the bullet rush through my face.
I'm sorry I was such a disgrace.
But why? Why?
Why did you want me to die?
 I'm finally free, from the pain and the stress.
Now I am gone, and there is one horse less.

Here's another poem I wrote:

We were best friends.
Our moments could never end.
But there was that show one day.
A bright, sunny day in May.
We were on top, so close to first place.
The blue ribbon was something we both had to chase.
The last jump, rather tall.
I'm very sorry, I let you fall.
You screamed at me, and slapped me with a crop.
I couldn't help it, but I needed you to stop.
So I reared, way up high.
And your last word was goodbye.

The nasty trailers you led me to.
All I could think about was you.
You sent me miles away.
Though I wanted to stay.

Where we finally arrived was a mystery.
The place was big, as I could see.
Would it be my new home, or was it a lie?
Would we stay happy, or would we just die?
I hear a bullet, and see him fall.
The only friend, I'd made at all.
"This guy's a real champion." I hear them say to me.
Does that mean that they will set me free?
I hear the door burst open, and I see your face.
You have come to save me, to take me away.
But its already too late.
The men don't care to wait.
I fall down to the ground, silently waiting for my heart to flicker off.
And I hear you cry, your tears sound so soft.
The last three words I hear, were they really true?
You fight all the tears and pain to say, "I love you."

Stop sending horses to slaughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment