-Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

-Florida

       Florida. I can’t quite remember the blazing sun, or the clear water. Probably because the last time I visited the beautiful state, I was two years old. During February vacation, my family is going back. We will escape the snow and be welcomed by the smooth sunlight, and beaches that await our appearance. I literally cannot wait to get to Florida!


     I just hope that something bad doesn’t happen! The second time I went to Florida, there were these extremely weird and venomous fire ants that completely attacked my mom and I. I didn’t expect to see millions of ants guarding the playground. But I ran to the little ant mound thinking it was extra beach sand when suddenly, I see little red ants rushing towards me, eager to fill me with excruciating pain. I thank my mother, for nearly saving my life. Half of our stay in Florida, my mom and I were rubbing our legs, which were aching. Though we were left with red bumps covering our bodies, we made it out of Florida alive. But now that I am older, I will remind myself not to play over by some red ants who pretty much eat you alive.   


      I am really looking forward to go swimming again! I truly love swimming, but here its Winter! So I will save swimming back here for the Summer. Though Florida can bring me that in an instance with their beautiful beaches and pools. Also my four year old sister, Victoria, learned how to swim without her life jacket last Summer, so she is pretty psyched about swimming in Florida too! 


       Before We Chose: Our family really can’t decide what we will travel by! My step mom thinks we should go by car, but the rest of us are assumed that an airplane would be quicker and easier. We all think the plane would be more efficient so we don’t get stuck in a blizzard on our way. But maybe we will end up going by car, even though it will take more than 24 hours, it would be safer than a plane crash.    After We Chose: Okay, so we chose a plane. My dad booked it the other night so we are all set. Wow. I haven’t been on a plane in five years. This will be a wild adventure…


          I hope that the weather in Florida is good for the week. I’m talking sun and eighty degrees everyday! I guess to the Orlando Resort website, right now Florida is cloudy and seventy degrees. Not too bad, but its good since its Winter here and Summer everyday of the year in Florida!  Though I am guessing if the people who admin that website haven’t changed the weather update in a while. Probably, because everytime I go on it to look at all the resorts and stuff, it says, Florida Weather: Cloudy and 70 degrees! Whatever. When I went to Florida, we had horrible weather! Tornado warnings about every day, a giant rain storm, extreme wind, and random rain; almost every afternoon. I hope the weather will be good, therefore I can enjoy my time in Florida. Not like when I was younger, where I would sit on a beach all day and run my fingers through thin sand. 


       “I want to swim with the dolphins like mommy did.” That’s what my little sister keeps saying. That’s one of her many reactions on going to Florida. Dolphins. Swimming. Fun. Maybe she won’t be like I was when we go this time. When I went last time, she wasn’t born yet. Maybe she will be a bit more enthusiastic unlike I was. She’ll go swimming of course, but I would have been forcing my mom not to make me swim waist deep in the water back then! Though my older sisters didn’t do this to me, I will make sure Victoria stays away from the fire ants. Who is her favorite sister now?  I thought so. Now I want to swim with dolphins!
        Well that is about all I have to say. Just, one more thing… Florida, here we come.       

No comments:

Post a Comment