-Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

-My Mario Experience

      It was a nice, sunny afternoon. Serina, Lauren and I step off of the bus. Suddenly we're walking toward Lauren's house, then quickly change our minds and head to Lauren's neighbor's house. We talk to them for a while, then they give us a drill to return to Lauren's cousins. Lauren and Serina pretty much regret returning the drill. You know why? Mario. We are at the end of Lauren's cousin's driveway, when Lauren says, "Ugh. Mario is out." Mario is a huge, black dog who is always filled with energy. "MARIO!!!" I scream, and I leave Lauren and Serina down at the end of the driveway, while I run up trying to get Mario's attention. I stare into Mario's big dark eyes. He is standing still, and he's breathing very heavily.  Finally, I'm about three feet away from Mario. Two more steps closer, and I can almost feel his breath. Then...


             He immediately charges at me. It fells like I'm going to fall backwards, and my heart is racing! Looking at the sight of the GIANT black dog, I somehow find myself trying to reach him. Finally, he gets a hold of my sleeve. I hear Lauren and Serina screaming and laughing, and I'm laughing too. Suddenly I see Lauren and Serina trying to get Mario away, but he ends up trying to get them! He's is really cute! He's got major muscles and it seems like he's five times bigger than the rest of us! He lets go of my sleeve every two seconds, then grabs it again with his ginormous mouth.  I'm laughing so hard that my chest begins to ache. Mario lets go of my sleeve, eager to get Lauren and Serina. Lauren grabs a small stick and throws it toward Mario but he doesn't budge. Pointing to a line of exact invisibility, Lauren says, "There is an invisible fence. If we run between those trees he can't get us." So me and Serina listen to Lauren, but Mario's teeth are grasped to my sleeve so I can't go without him stuck to me. 

         I make it between the trees only to find Mario still attached to my jacket. He's panting so loud. And I'm breathing so hard. Lauren and Serina are now in Lauren's driveway. Mario's teeth are still clenched to me. I finally did it! I made it into Lauren's driveway but the  electric/invisible fence didn't kick in. So I'm left hostage with Mario while Lauren gets her mom to get Mario away. My sleeve is wet with the dog's spit. Once Mario is back in Lauren's cousins driveway, I take deep breaths. I'm so tired and I'm ready to just fall asleep in laughter. I see Mario back in they're yard and say, "Love you Mario." Like I would love him after he gave me a heart attack. The day ended in a fun way. I found myself begging Lauren and Serina to go back and see Mario. They had the same response, "No!"

    

No comments:

Post a Comment